Sorry, tivocentral has ceased trading ...
Virgin Tivo Tips and Hacks
- Pressing CLEAR works as a shortcut for delete on most pages - most handy on the "my shows" page
- Press SKIP >| to quickly jump to the top or bottom of long lists , e.g. My Shows
- Channel up/down works as page up/down in lists
- Press and hold TEXT switches your TV AV sources - that's how I flip between VM TiVo / TiVo S1 / DVD
- Press and hold POWER button turn turn TV on/off - a short press makes TiVo go into standby
- Press SLOW to toggle mini TV screen at top right
- Resets the GUI if frozen on red ring (though I've never seen this luckily!)
- Thumb Down - Thumb Up - Play - Play
- Shortcut keypresses:
- Home Home : My recordings (now playing)
- Home 1 : Manage series links
- Home 2 : Planned recordings (todo list)
- Home 3 : Wishlists
- Home 4 : Search all TV
- Home 5 : Browse all TV
- Home 0 : full screen TV + pause ?
- Whilst fast forwarding / rewinding pressing the skip forward 30sec or skip back buttons takes you to the next white bar (usually 10 mins)
useful in catchup/ondemand which only have one fastforward /rewind speed.
- Pressing UP while watching a recording, cycles the output through all the available video formats. e.g. 576p / 1080p
- Pressing OK while watching Live TV or a recorded program brings up a small 3 line TV listing guide(screenshot)
Use the directional buttons to navigate or type a channel number to jump to a different channel.
- You can create your own folders (effectively):
Auto-record Wish List searches appear in My Recordings as a folder for items which match the search.
This works even for recordings which weren't recorded by the Wish List itself
- If you press Play on a folder in My Recordings, it will play everything in the folder in sequence
(date order, oldest first)
- great for catching up on a whole series, or archiving shows overnight via scart.
- this can also save you going into the folder if it only contains one item.
- You can switch between tuners by pressing Info, then scrolling down to the bottom icons.
- Now the Jump buttons (>|) skip forwards 30 seconds and backwards 8 seconds.
If you want the s1 behaviour of skipping to the start or end of a recording, press and hold them.
(They don't cycle, so you have to press the right one for the direction you want to go.)
- In My Shows and Recordings/My Shows/Suggestions/Improve My Suggestions there is a list of every Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down.
You can edit existing thumbs here too
- a full listing of VM channels, useful to print out and keep by the TV is at http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...nnel-guide.pdf