sort by duration (longer shows/films to the bottom)
add episode titles/film years to the now-playing list
create folders to group your programmes together
Screenshots: Normal, With episode titles added, and A-Z sorted
Make sure you have newtext2osd (included) installed in /var/hack/bin
Run the script and enter now-playing on tivo.
Special Remote Keys:
- when on a folder, expands that folder
- when on a normal show, will make a folder for that show
- sorts the list alphabetically
-sorts the list by date
Thumbs Up / Down
-navigates to the top / bottom of the now playing list
Pressing (0) on the remote brings up a menu.
(1) Sort alphabetically (A-Z)
(2) Sort by Duration (i.e longer shows/films at the bottom)
(3) Sort by Date (as normal)
All these options make tivo switch to tivo-central,
and then auto-returns to now-playing with the list sorted several seconds later (be patient!)
(4) Add /remove episode titles
This one changes titles to include the episode title, and adds the year to films
e.g. Friends => Friends: The one with the Fish
Jaws => Jaws (1975)
Top Gear => Top Gear: The Aston Martin DB9
(4) Make Folders
Groups shows into folders
(5) Expands the folders back out again to normal.
Selecting a folder, then pressing pause to expand it will
show just episodes of that series at the top of now-playing.